Summary: While back in Mexico to save Scott and Kira, Stiles and Malia discover something about Derek that may tip the scales of the upcoming battle in their favor.
A/N: Spoilers for season 4, especially the final episodes.
*~* This is based on two things:
- some spoilers I’ve seen of the final 2 episodes of season 4, which has Peter and Kate kidnap Scott and Kira, and Stiles, Derek and Malia (and I assume Braeden since I’ve seen bts photos of Meagan with Ian and Tyler that said were from the end of the season) go to Mexico to save them.
- that one theory that the Derek we’ve seen so far in season 4 isn’t the real Derek, and the real Derek is still under La Iglesia.
I wrote most of this at work today, during lunch break. On my phone. Because apparently, the ideas flow easier when I type on that stupid touchpad or something…
They‘re back in the ruins of La Iglesia, looking for Scott this time. Derek and Braeden have split off from Stiles and Malia a while ago, deciding to cover more ground rather than stick together (which Stiles thought was a stupid, horrible plan since there were berserkers and evil werepeople running amok and the four of them were mostly human).
The teenagers have just stopped in front of a large round carving in the wall (like the one Scott told them they found the young Derek behind), Sties trying to pull away the spider webs and mold-like growth on it to get a better look at the design when Malia perks up, listening to something faraway.
“Something happened to Derek.“ she says. “I can hear Braeden trying to wake him up.“
I’ll never get over how, in the Romanian AXN Teen Wolf commercial for season 3, there’s a line saying “there is only one way [to save those you love]” right when it shows Stiles smacking Derek awake in Alpha Pact.
I’ll just never get over it.
seriously though, i’d give parts of my soul for Stiles and Derek to accidentally kiss and then be like ho shit, i don’t know where that came from I mean— we’re not—
AND THEN THEY SAY SCREW IT AND MAKE OUT FOR TEN HOURS OK YES.
“What…” In a stupor, Stiles reaches up and drags the back of his hand over his lips. They’re still wet.
“I don’t.” Derek takes a step back, and slowly disengages his fingers from Stiles’ hair. “I honestly. Um.”
“What,” Stiles says again, because it bears repeating.
“Well, I don’t—you jumped at me!”
“You looked at my mouth, though!”
“So what!” Derek clenches his fists. “I look at your mouth all the time!”
“Not that—I don’t mean—” Derek takes a long, heavy breath. “We’re both very tired right now.”
“Yes, completely fried.” Stiles’ eyes slip down to Derek’s chest, because it’s heaving shallowly. Stiles has never seen it do that before. He can’t look away from the rapid rise-and-fall of Derek’s collarbones.
“Everyone has strange impulses when they’re…”
“Exactly!” Stiles says, pointing at him. “Exactly. Like being drunk!”
“Or drugged,” Derek agrees, nodding. He looks wild-eyed and cornered, and is he sweating a bit at his temples?
“Like having a head injury?” Stiles suggests, reaching out to cup Derek’s jaw and brush his thumb against his sideburns, just to check.
“Or like being really fucking attracted to you,” Derek sighs, frustrated.
“Yeah, or like that,” Stiles agrees with an angry eye-roll, and Derek groans and pulls him back in by his hoodie strings.
I have very few things to say about the newest episode:
- Scott’s wolfed-out face looked a little bit too much like Deucalion’s when he went to town on that merc. Even the whites of his eyes turned black!
- There are few things I like more than Lydia, Parrish and the Sheriff being awesome together. (Also, my shipper heart skipped a bit whenever Parrish so much as glanced at Lydia.)
- I will NEVER get used to a gun-wielding Derek. It doesn’t matter how good it looks, Derek’s just not Derek without his fangs and claws and glowy eyes.
- The amount of Stalia made me gag (I don’t care what anyone says, I’ll never see it as anything other than unhealthy and wrong. You can bitch at me all you want, I have yet to see even the slightest thing to convince me that they are in any way good for each other.).
- Also, I wish they’d stop dumbing Stiles down and making him so fucking ooc to make Malia solve all the things just for the off chance that more people would like her (I’ll never like her, not when she makes Stiles ooc and when I still blame her for Allison’s death - indirect as it might have been).
- Umm… Satomi’s supposed to be this old and wise werewolf who knows things, right? Why aren’t they taking Parrish to her, maybe she can guess what he is? OR, have Deaton look through the Bestiary or something. He doesn’t seem to be doing much of anything lately, so…?
- And of course everything is, as always, all Peter Hale’s fault. So what else is new?
- Sure, great idea, Scott, bring half the still alive list into one place, that will surely be a safe for everyone! I think the only reason anyone lets him plan anything anymore is because he’s a ~true alpha~ and they just assume he knows what he’s doing or something.
- I actually feel really sorry for Meredith, having to listen to Peter’s insane ramblings for who knows how long, coming to believe it’s what was needed to be done. Poor girl.
- If Peter and Kate aren’t dead, and I mean really, actually DEAD FOR GOOD, at the end of this season, I’m going to kill Jeff! The same goes if he kills off Lydia, Stiles, Derek, Melissa, the Sheriff, or Parrish. Just sayin’.